🌞Live, laugh, and stay cool in summer- Your summer Ayurveda regimen!
What happens with dosha during the summer? The sun rays become powerful in the southern hemisphere. Kapha slowly decreases, and in turn, pitta and vata start aggravating. Hence necessary measures have been described in Ayurveda
-Use of salt, spicy, oily, and sour foods in your diet, heavy physical exercises, and sunlight exposure.
-Intake of more cold water not only weakens the body but also lowers the digestive Agni(fire), which causes digestion-related disorders.
-Wine is strictly avoided during this period as it can increase vata dosha
-Fermented food must be avoided like intake cheese, yogurt, etc
-Avoid red meat and fatty meat.
Pungent and sour food is a big no-no! -However, ginger and cardamom are considered sattvic in nature and can be eaten in moderation.
-Sunbath, in the middle of a scorching sunny day, is contraindicated in Ayurveda.
-Frequent sex is not an ideal practice during summers.
-Fasting is condemned in Ayurveda during summers. Do not skip breakfast.
-Tea and Coffee- As they are Diuretic, it can cause increased urination leading to the loss of water and dryness of the skin.
Stress and anger aggravates pitta element in the body
-Sweet food, light (easy to digest), cold(not from the freezer cold), and liquid must be taken to preserve the body's moist structure.
-Various soups, juices, dry fruits, nuts, and other liquid items must be eaten.
-Bitter and astringent taste food to cool the body and avoid vitiation of fiery pitta is advised.
-Drink room temperature water and liquids.
-Dairy products that are of good quality and those who are not sensitive to lactose can take in moderation.
-Easily digestible grain like basmati rice, jasmine rice, and lightly steamed veggies, some legumes like mung and tofu and seasonal fruits are recommended.
-Meat, poultry, and fish cooked with herbs like dill, cilantro, cumin, turmeric, basil, fennel can be taken in moderation. The spices mentioned above are must help in easy digestion.
-Other useful pursuits include sleeping in the moonlight, residing near running water, bathing in cold water, decoration your surroundings.
Your fun summer fruits: Apples, Avocados, Berries, Cherries, Coconut, Cranberries, Grapes, Limes, Mangoes, Melons, Pears, Pineapples, Plums, Pomegranates, Prunes
* Your fun summer vegetables: Artichokes, Asparagus, Beet Greens, Broccoli, Brussel Sprouts, Cabbage, Cauliflower, Celery, Chard, Collard Greens, Cucumbers, Green Beans, Kale, Lettuce, Okra, Potatoes, Watercress, Zucchini
* Your fun summer grain: Barley, basmati rice and wheat
* Your fun summer legumes: Adzuki Beans, Black Beans, Mung dal, Garbanzo Beans, Soy Beans & Products, Split Peas
* Your fun summer oil: Coconut oil, sunflower oil, olive oil
* Your fun summer spices: Basil, Cardamom, Cilantro, Coriander, Dill, Fennel, Lime, Mint, Parsley
* Your fun summer meat: Fish, Poultry (white), Shrimp